Sepanta is a non-profit Animal Rescue Foundation established in the Netherlands dedicated to rescuing and rehoming stray dogs in Iran and to provide means to support spay/neuter programs, feeding programs and medical care to homeless, sick and injured dogs.
Sepanta Foundation will support the affiliated animal rescue shelters and rescue workers in the field by providing the needed means for:
- Medical care to sick, injured and abused dogs
- Funding spay, neuter and vaccination programs
- Feeding Programs
- Setting up Trap-Neuter-Return centers along support of the affiliated animal rescue shelters in Iran. We would like to reduce the overpopulation of stray dogs through spay/neuter programs.
- Supporting the local shelters and rescue workers in the field that provide treatment to injured, abused and neglected dogs.
- Setting up a rescue shelter that provides treatment to injured, abused and neglected dogs. Our main goal is to create a safe place for stray dogs by providing medical care and feeding places.
- Reducing death rate by helping people understand that there are solutions other than killing dogs and developing educational activities against animal cruelty.
“One can do much, and one, and one, and one can move mountains! -Joan Ward-Harris ”
Animal Rescue Foundation Sepanta is founded by animal activists after witnessing all the cruelty and suffering of the stray dogs in Iran. They were deeply moved by the plight of the stray animals living on the streets and began to support volunteers in Iran by providing means for medical treatment and food. Once back in the Netherlands, she decided to continue her work by establishing a non-profit foundation to support existing animal welfare organizations in Iran.
We truly believe that if you want to change anything, you have to take actions. Merely feeling sad and commiserate about the cause won’t stop the animal cruelty. Through this foundation we want to create awareness about the situation in Iran and make it possible for others to contribute. With this in mind, Animal Rescue Foundation Sepanta was established.